We're going to look at things from a different angle today. I want to share some of my dislikes.
The first two are my least favorite things in the world. The rest come in no particular order.
- Mushrooms. UGHHH! If you read my Menu Monday posts, you may have noticed I never cook with them. If they're ever in a recipe I choose, I omit them. I absolutely positively hate them. There are a lot of foods I dislike, but this is the only one that I will not eat. Once, we went to a dinner party at a friend's house. She told me ahead of time she was making lasagna. I was excited! I love lasagna! UNTIL I FOUND OUT IT WAS MUSHROOM LASAGNA! I was so embarrassed with my plate at the end of the meal. I had hardly touched the dish. If a dish even has cream of mushroom soup, I can't eat it. Not possible.
- Worms. GAAAAAAAG.
- Education Jargon
- white wine
- Watermelon...I want to like it, I really do. Every summer I try it again in hopes that this will be the summer I fall in love with watermelon. Still hasn't happened.
- American Cheese. Another GAAAAG! In elementary school I used to tell kids I was allergic to it and I couldn't sit by them when they had it on their sandwich.
- Writing sub plans...aka stabbing myself in the eyeballs
- People who don't use turn signals
- When people eat ketchup on spaghetti or pizza
- Twilight (but I do love Alex Reads Twilight....LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
- Not getting a pay raise for 2 years in a row, yet having extra items added to my plate. Silly budget cuts. I know my teacher friends can relate
- People who chew with their mouth open....MY FRESHMEN YEAR ROOMMATE who used to bring lunch back to the room all the time. In hell, I imagine that everyone chews with their mouth open.
- Lyla Garrity on Friday Night Lights
For those of you who like a happy ending, I'll end on this positive note: I love that tonight I ate risotto, drank red wine, and had a bowl of ice cream.